Democratic thinking

Articles on democracy in the independent online media

May 24, 2006

Consumer democracy: Alitalia Sucks.com

You never really realise how bad corporations can be, until you come across one. Most of the time, even then, you never learn or often quickly forget.
Recently, after a flight between Italy and the UK my buggage was lost. The evil corporation?
Fiasco budget carrier Alitalia. After their staff showered me with lies about it at the airport, my first reaction when I got home was to research them online.

I typed in 'Alitalia lost luggage' in Google. What caught my eye was a website called AlitaliaSucks.com. I started reading and then it dawned on me. I was in for a tough ride.
The person that set up the website had an identical experience to mine. Lost his luggage, tried to get a refund and came up against the beauracratic wall of Alitalia Group. He was ignored and never refunded. In addition to all this, when he tried to speak out by launching a complaint website he was threatened and sued by Alitalia who tried to remove the website.

I started looking further and discovered many more places where people were citing very similar Alitalia nightmares across the web. There is even a new blog dedicated to Alitalia.

I am not going to get into detail but my modest claim was not directly rejected but I was asked to provide receipts for all my socks, underware and T-shirts. Some people might keep them, I certainly don't.

Alitalia looses thousands of luggage every year, so this unofficial no-refund policy on lost property saves them millions, which they then spend on bad management.

So all I am saying is, when you are mistreated don't keep your head down. Speak out. You have the power to make a difference. Share your experience with others and help them. This is part of the foundation of internet and consumer democracy. You can freely voice your complaints without the fear of prosecution. Enjoy your rights, enjoy the web, celebrate democracy.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger Canute said...

I'm sorry for your troubles with lost luggage and its a shame that the airline will not take responsibility.

There is a great store in Alabama that buys lost airline luggage and then sells everything at a discount.

You can go there and get expensive jewelry, clothing, electronics and everything that you can imagine.

They say that the airlines attempt to find the owners of the lost luggage but I doubt that anyone believes that.

If I find your socks in Alabama I will send them to you! ;)

http://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hello. if you have documentation of your problems with the airline, please forward me your name & contact info at

suealitalia@gmail.com

We are going to attempt to put a class action suit together. If you know of anyone else that has had problems and can prove it, please let them know as well

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alitalia is a lying corporation. Do never fly with this them. We flew from Naples to Rome and the flight was delayed. We needed to get on another plane in Rome. They assured us that our luggage would make it also. Well it didn´t!! They were unfriendly and arrogant. They haven´t arranged anything for us and we are still waiting for our luggage. They also didn´t provide us with any information. Motherfuckers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home